Caring for a dementia patient can be a challenge because of their unique care needs and health conditions. Taking care of dementia patients especially elders is even more taxing for those who also manage a full-time job as well as home. Many times, people make sacrifices in certain areas of their life like family, career, or even marriage in order to contribute towards caring an elderly family member with dementia.
Around 80% of dementia people would like to stay at home, say, industry experts. A familiar environment becomes the need for dementia patients as they crave to stay in a cozy and sociable space. To provide a safe and comfortable care environment, families turn to give home-based personal care services provided by private-duty home care agencies.
Dementia patients would certainly require long-term care and their growing needs would demand higher levels of care. With time, they seek round-the-clock supervision. Providing such 24/7 service is difficult for family members.
So, to look after the loved ones, a competent home care agency is required which sends qualified caregivers to monitor, oversee and help dementia patients in their day-to-day activities and offer the best possible care to them. Most people think that for personal care or home care service, they will have to move their loved ones to home care units. It can be a frightening thought of leaving familiar surroundings, loved ones, family, and friends.
How professional caregiving’ services benefit dementia patients and their families.
- Bespoke services: Home care service is one to one care for dementia as well as non-dementia people. Through personalized care, caregivers can keep a close eye on their patients which is not possible otherwise.
- Flexible care: In-home care services can be customized as per the needs of the patient as well as the family. Changes in the care plan can be made as often as necessary. Flexibility is one of the significant advantages for care service providers and seniors who deal with illnesses like dementia.
- Security and peace of mind: If home care services are offered at home, elders and other dementia patients get a chance to stay with their families for as long as possible. The option of staying at home is far less disorienting than moving to a home care unit or a memory care unit. Familiar environments offer security and peace of mind to people suffering from dementia. A caregiver’s services are considered ideal only when a reliable home care agency aides for dementia patients.
- Personalized care plans: The fundamental aspect of home care services for dementia patients is that they get personalized care plans. The care plans are the scheduling tools that can be altered as per the needs and requirements of the patients receiving the care. This home care agencies’ technique creates a routine for dementia patients who thrive on repetition and familiarity. Professional caregivers are trained well enough to assist in daily chores, take on personal tasks and take care of other needs too. Setting a routine gives a sense of understanding and control to the elders.
- Companionship: Caregivers who stay with dementia patients for a full day often become friends with them. It is not just the care but love and support that comes naturally with all the care they provide. The elders and the dementia patients are supported both physically and emotionally by the care service providers.
- Engaging in meaningful activities: Caregivers are trained and qualified to extend support and help to dementia patients. They conduct meaningful dementia activities with the patients, which reduces the further development of symptoms. Especially, the exercises related to stories that impact the memory of patients positively. Other than this, the patient can learn new skills like painting, knitting, drawing, etc.
With well-balanced home care and personal care service, we at Caresmartz assure you that your loved ones will receive proper love and care under professionalized monitoring.
The caregivers are not only trained to give extensive and special dementia care services but can also take over common tasks like cooking, cleaning, changing linens, driving, transportation needs, laundry, planning and preparing meals, running errands, shopping and even dressing the patients.
The above benefits prove that with caregivers and home care service providers, dementia patients can live a happy and healthy life. We truly believe that it is quite possible to have an enriched lifestyle with dementia, provided the care extended is professional and compassionate.
If you are looking for trustworthy and thoroughly trained home-based caregivers for your loved ones, contact us today. We are just a click away to extend our valuable services.
Related blog posts:Helpful Tips to Communicate with the Elderly Who Have Dementia
Caring for the Elderly with Alzheimer’s