Features Every Home Care Agency must look in a Home Care Software
Half of the struggles of a business come to an end through effective communication. Similarly, in a home care business, open communication with utmost transparency between the agency owners, caregivers, and clients is vital to the agency’s success.
An excellent and real-time communication helps agencies stay connected with the caregivers, whereas the latter can deliver quality care to their clients. Overall, the easy flow of communication among the parties is the key to the success of a home care agency.
There must be a smooth flow of information, primarily two-way, instant, and real-time communication. For instance, home care owners should be able to monitor the caregivers working in the field.
They should be able to get immediate feedback on accepting or rejecting the open shifts. On the other hand, the caregivers must respond to the client about their schedule, availability, and the care plan, whereas clients must be able to provide feedback immediately.
So, all the above communication should occur while the activities of a home care business are in operation. Any member involved in this process, it fails to communicate effectively, would bring the entire business process to a grinding halt.
Advancement in Communication
Earlier, home care agencies used to struggle with accessible communication because of the traditional communication methods.
But, now, with the use of advanced home care software, agencies can streamline the whole business process and communicate effectively.
With the help of home care software, clients, caregivers, and agency owners are on the same page and enjoy the benefits of the software, making their life easy and business lucrative.
Earlier, agencies used to call the caregivers to confirm the open shift or any pending one.
Then they had to wait for long hours for the reply. This process delayed the overall functioning of the business. But now, with AI-induced technology, agency owners can check the status of the shift in no time.
Every process from scheduling to managing tasks, preparing care plans, to providing feedback is done on a single platform with just a click.
Comprehensive Home Care Software, an Effective Tool
All the hurdles came to an end with the introduction of effective communication to take place. The comprehensive home care software helps in keeping the conversation afloat.
The home care software provides multiple other features within itself that are not just easy to use but also help easy to use and help improve in improving the quality of care, operational efficiency, client satisfaction, and compliance.
Home care agencies should take the holistic view of the communication needs of the home care agencies before considering home care software that meets all the communication requirements.
To allow the free flow of communication, home care agencies must consider software that has the following features embedded in it:
Integrated Secure Emails and Messages
Features in integrated easy to use and HIPPA Compliant home care software improves coordination within the agency. This is considered to be the most effective and the quickest way of two-way communication.
The messages and texts are only for the users, including caregivers, agency owners, and clients. Looking for the security of sending and receiving messages is a must. Make sure the software allows a single, common area to view all the messages and notifications.
Look for push notifications and automated reminders. These will help employees in keeping up with the follow-up messages.
A quick view of the Caregiver’s Schedule
While accepting or rejecting the shifts, the clients must have access to the caregiver’s schedule. This brings transparency and helps clients and even their family members view the current care plan and the caregiver on duty.
As an agency, you must consider that the portal must allow the client to provide feedback instantly as soon as the caregiver completes the shift. Client satisfaction should be the key because it is the services used by the clients that keep the home care businesses running.
Automated Schedule Reminders
It would be great to give automated reminders to the caregivers regarding their schedules and care plans. Schedule reminders reduce the chance of missing out on any crucial shift and form an essential feature for effective communication.
The Holistic View of the Care Plan and Client Assessment
The care plan might need a change as per the needs and requirements of the client. So, the home care software that provides easy access to the care plan must be on the list while choosing home care software for accessible communication.
This was not possible when home care agencies operated using paper-based assessments. But, now it is feasible, so considering this feature is also an essential credential for allowing effective communication between caregivers and clients.
Client and Family Portal
An integrated client and family portal will help communicate the feedback and track the progress of care services by the caregivers. These portals provide access to all the information regarding the care services, timings, schedules, etc.
Effective Communication in CareSmartz360
CareSmartz360, cloud-based, HIPAA compliant home care software is a one-stop platform for agencies to initiate and continue business operations with effective communication.
CareSmartz360 has all the necessary communication features that would help in keeping caregivers, clients, and agency owners on the same page. Following are the features that ensure a smooth flow of communication:
- Communicate with Ease and Comfort: CareSmartz360 allows caregivers and clients to stay in sync with each other. It has versatile communication capabilities. The software will enable clients to communicate easily with caregivers and inform them of the care plan’s desired changes and schedules. The scheduling section of the software allows sending bulk emails and text messages. One can also send schedule reminders and update them to the caregivers. Such communication is also possible between caregivers and clients. Caregivers can send bulk texts and messages or even to individual clients conveniently.
- Easy Calendar View: : CareSmartz360 offers a color-coded calendar that provides a quick update on the status of the caregivers’ schedule. From the calendar, one can view the specific view of the client as well as the caregiver by day, week, or even month. The calendar is color-coded with green, blue, red, pink colors that indicate the status of shifts like scheduled, open, and approved or no shifts. This feature helps in two-way communication as the agency owners do not have to wait for long hours to see the pending shifts.
- Mobile App Updates: As per the May updates, on the caregiver application, caregivers will receive an in-app notification at 8 am every day to remind them of the pending open shifts. Also, caregivers will be alerted on the mobile application if they try to clock in/clock out on the wrong day. The application will prompt the user that they have chosen the wrong day and check if they would still want to proceed further.
- Comprehensive Assessments: CareSmartz360 in the client detail section allows having a complete look at the assessment that includes demographic data, caregivers’ tasks, companion care, personal care, and transportation needs. The software provides a template plan that can be changed as per unique services, attributes that the home care agency offers. Such a feature on the home care application is quite convenient and adds a lot of efficiencies. The software also provides another element, i.e., specifying tasks for the caregiver. One can record the tasks to be performed by the caregivers, whether it is to offer companion care, providing transport, or personal care. All these tasks are reflected in the caregiver’s mobile application and the client’s care plan. This feature is one of the best features that bring transparency in the communication between the caregivers and the clients.
- Quickly view on one Dashboard: : The essential advantage of a dedicated home portal of CareSmartz360 is that it helps the clients and their family members rapidly view the invoices, care schedules, or any other important communication by the home care agency owners. The client and family portal allows them to contact in real-time and also provide immediate feedback of the service provided by the caregiver. CareSmartz360 also gives the freedom to the client to add different types of documents and files for future use. Apart from this, medication, medical records, and care contacts can also be emailed to the home care agency directly from the portal. This feature is convenient to keep the conversation transparent among all the parties involved in the care business.
Home care software must offer freedom to all members of the home care business, caregivers, clients, and agency owners, to communicate effectively by using the value-added features. Having home care software is essential to improving the quality of care, employee satisfaction, and patient satisfaction.
CareSmartz360 is EVV compliant Home care software must offer freedom to all members of the home care business, caregivers, clients, and agency owners, to communicate effectively by using the value-added features. Having home care software is essential to improving the quality of care, employee satisfaction, and patient satisfaction.
CareSmartz360 gives agencies control over every aspect of the business and automates all the business processes, which ultimately helps in achieving financial and operational goals.
Related blog posts:Trends Framing the Future of Home Care Businesses
How AI-based CareSmartz360 is Empowering Private-duty Home Care Agencies?